Owning a log house or cabin is many people’s ambition. Whisper Creek Homes not only design beautiful homes, but our methods are environmentally friendly and expert staff work with customers to make sure that their personal wishes are met. Only quality materials are used and there is great attention to detail. Customers are supplied with something that is pleasing to the eye and affordable.
The building process means costs are kept down and there is a quick turnaround from ordering to final construction. Hand peeled round logs are used for the exterior and erecting the walls and gable ends is a simple affair. Next, come the ridge beams and purlins, followed by the roof. It’s the best of both worlds, of building systems and craftsmanship.
Their environmental credentials begin with the choice of log exteriors, which are taken from primarily ‘dead stand trees’, i.e. trees that have been damaged due to fire or other natural causes. The timber used, and method of construction employed ensures that warping, cracking, and shrinking is avoided. This saves energy as there is no loss of heat and the construction is draft proof. So, whether the Whisper Creek Homes is for a weekend retreat or a full-time home, it will be economical to run.
- Visually Appealing – Whisper Creek Homes are strikingly like conventional log homes in almost every detail. Our product carries many features considered most desirable in a custom log home “look”. From the attractive “hand-hewn” exterior log siding to the huge vaulted ceilings and massive log post and beam interiors, these homes speak of quality and distinction. The timeless beauty of our homes will only increase in value with time. Discover our many available options that will allow you to personalize your home creation and make it distinctively yours!
- Very Affordable – At first look, our homes may be considered “out of reach” for the average family considering a recreational home or a new primary residence. However, when finished, our homes are much less expensive than full log homes and, in some cases, comparable in price to regular “stick-built” construction methods! Get the look and feel you want – at the price you can afford!
- Short Build Period – boasting one of the fastest build periods in the industry; our complete home kits are stood up in 7 to 21 days (depending on the model) From delivery of the components on-site to completed construction you can start enjoying your dream home in a very brief period. You can do a “turn-key” price or you can choose to finish the interior yourself.
- High Quality – Real wood log materials and panelized construction result in a very high-quality product unlike anything available on the market. The high-level construction standards we utilize meet or exceed most building codes in North America. Snow load and sheer wall conditions vary from one area to another; at Whisper Creek, we have designed our homes to the highest standards resulting in a product that can be enjoyed in virtually any area.
- Simple Delivery and On-Site Construction – Standardized log wall panels and conventional wood framing make Whisper Creek system-built structures easy to package, load, and deliver. Our Dealers and contractors are specifically trained to quickly and efficiently set-up your new log home dream.
- Structurally Sound – By comparison, traditional log home construction has several shortfalls including profound settling, poor insulation, air, and insect infiltration, and onerous maintenance procedures. The use of conventional framing in our homes provides for standard insulation, building wrap, and vapor barrier, resulting in a sealed comfortable home in any weather condition.
- Wide Selection of Floor Plans – An additional advantage of panelized construction using conventional framing is the flexibility in designing your interior space. Whisper Creek’s panelized homes can range from 800 square feet up to estate-style homes over 5000 square feet. Enjoy the beautiful combination of interior log and drywall finishing as desired.
- Readily Finance-able – Long building periods of up to a year or more have made lending institutions reluctant to finance traditional recreational homes. The relatively short build time for Whisper Creek panelized structures means financing for a building is generally readily available.
- Easier to Insure – Some insurance companies will not insure full log homes under any circumstance because “replacement value” is hard to determine and they are considered a “higher fire risk”. The insurance companies that will ensure a full log home generally will apply an automatic 25% surcharge. Whisper Creek homes are considered more conventional in design and therefore are insurable as such – meaning lower premiums!
- Minimal Waste – During the manufacturing process material usage is maximized to prevent excessive wastage. Your home package is shipped complete and therefore, leftover material is minimized eliminating costly waste removal. With our home kits, there is no percentage of waste due to “unusable” materials. The possibility of on-site pilferage is also minimized because the components are pre-built and set up within a brief period.